Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Today was a good day

Today was a good day. You know those days when the ideas flow, you get resolution and you feel like all that hard work is paying off.

Today was a good day. It was one of those moments when the idea I have been struggling with for weeks became clear. For no apparent reason, today it was like looking at a vivid picture with every detail.

Today was a good day. That ongoing discussion I have been having got resolved. I didn't even expect it to happen, but with one short meeting things fell into place.

Today was a good day. Those hours of detail work finally came to a close and I was able to move on to a new stage.

But I ask myself the question, "Why was today a good day?"

It was a good day because yesterday wasn't.

Yesterday my ideas were stuck in a hole so deep I couldn't even see them. I tried to dig for inspiration, but all I got were words and ideas flying around in my head.

Yesterday was full of conflict. People not agreeing, confusion, and miscommunication ruled the day.

Yesterday was the detail work that never seemed to end. It was all those little things that don't seem to matter but they do when you add them up.

Yesterday was not a good day.

But because I kept working yesterday, I arrived at today. Thank you God for the strength to survive the yesterdays and I pray for the humility to take advantge of today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perserverance, persistance, faithfulness and hope - are just some of the words which help take us through today and toward tomorrow. A helpful reminder that when we ask the Lord for an extra measure of these gifts and character traits to invent in today He often rewards us with a better tomorrow. We had a not-so-great Tuesday and Wednesday followed by a super Thursday so we know how you feel!