Thursday, October 30, 2008

Are you FREE?

Everyone has that sweet spot of creativity. What is it for you? What is that perfect mojo experience where the creative juices are flowing and your ideas just fly onto the paper? Over the past months we did a survey on our blog about this question.

I am most innovative when . . .
I am under pressure: 8%
I have Starbucks coffee: 11%
I am free to be creative: 58%
I know the stakes: 20%
As I look at some of the input, I have to think, "What makes us free to be creative?" What gives us the liberty to think differently and risk it all.
Here are some of those magical environmental elements for you to consider:
People feel free to create when . . .
1. there is acceptance and trust.
2. ideas are valued in and of themselves.
3. there is silence and peace.
4. a goal exists that is larger than any one person.
5. there is an "others" focus rather than a selfish focus.
So are you creating environments like this? How could you begin to create this type of freedom?

No comments: