Friday, January 26, 2007

Am I Right????

Another Mindset that John Naisbitt talks about is the following:

"4. Understanding how powerful it is not to have to be right: Having to be right shackles your mind.”

Think about this with me for a minute. Have there been times when you were so invested in a solution and so convinced that you had it figured out that you rejected truth?

It happens more than we would like to believe. It is key to come to terms with being wrong. If I want to be innovative, I have to develop a culture around me that allows people to be wrong without being rejected. Once that culture is in place, we can do what I call "soft thinking." That is when we are taking and brainstorming but we realize that we still do not have the full picture.

So have fun being wrong and watch as the right solutions begin to emerge.

No comments: